Our own Kiley Ballard and her team played 4 games back to back to become the District 38 ASA League Champs and are state bound!! Great job girls.
At VBS, students will discover their strength in God and how to use their power for good. They will explore God’s mission for their lives, and have epic journeys alongside biblical heroes. They will find adventure, acceptance, joy, rest and peace on the river. VBS participants will join in the adventure and experience in the ride of a lifetime with God every day!
This year’s Vacation Bible School “Rolling River Rampage” will be held June 11 through June 15, from 9:00 a.m. until 12 noon. Children ages 3 (by June 1 and completely potty-trained) thru through students entering grade six should register online at fumchemphill.yolasite.com or register at the church. For information, call the church office at 787.2183. Everyone is welcome.
Craig and Mae Frankum would like to introduce Lawrence Maxwell Frankum! Baby Max was born this morning at 11:40am, weighing in at a “whopping 6 pounds 9.5 ounces and 21 1/4 inches long. Both Momma and Baby are doing fine, and Daddy is beaming!!!! Grandma Cindy sounds tired but elated.
At FUMC’s Rolling River Rampage VBS, kids will discover an interactive, energizing, Bible-based program that will give them an opportunity to experience the ride of a lifetime with God. During VBS students will become Rafters and explore how to serve God and God’s mission for their lives.
Vacation Bible School is set for June 11 – 15 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Have you signed up yet? Registration for the Rolling River Rampage is still happening now. The list has shortened in the past month, but volunteers are still needed in these areas:
- working to decorate the fellowship hall and hallways
- assistants or helpers for
- kitchen- at least one helper is needed each day
- 3-year old self-contained class
- activity centers (particularly crafts, recreation)
- AV Tech (audio/video backstage)
- Providing items needed for snack time (Contact Tommye Sue Carlson.)
- Pray volunteers continue to come forward. Pray for children to come. Pray that we fulfill the opportunity to minister to the children.
YOU are needed to be a leader or helper who can illustrate God’s Love in Action helping children discover the Word of God and experience God’s active love through Vacation Bible School. Call Janette Young @ 579.3745 or Donna @ 787.2183 to join us in the excitement at Rolling River Rampage VBS and make a difference in a child’s life as well as your own.
This summer’s Vacation Bible School is Rolling River Rampage. It invites Rafters (the children) of all ages on a white water rafting adventure to experience the ride of a lifetime with God! Along the river, Rafters discover that life with God is an adventure full of wonder and surprise, and that they can trust God to be with them through anything!
At Rolling River Rampage, Rafters will:
Experience the ride of a lifetime with God
Encounter exciting Bible Stories from the life of Jesus
Explore God’s promises for their lives
Discover ways to serve God and others
Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon are the dates and times for this summer’s VBS. Mark your calendars. This is not only a wonderful opportunity for the children in Hemphill, but also for your grandchildren. Call your children and share the dates; plan for your grandkids to visit you and share in VBS. This includes grands that participate in VBS as well as the older ones to volunteer as youth helpers. Let the VBS Directors, Janette and George Young know so volunteers can be positioned in the best place. Classes are for children who are three by June 1st (and fully potty-trained) through kids going into the 6th grade.
VBS also offers an opportunity for adults to grow as servant-leaders. There are many ways you can participate and help:
1) Pray. Pray now that volunteers continue to come forward. Pray for children to come. Pray that we fulfill the opportunity to minister to the children.
2) Volunteer. Volunteer to help with creating decorations, providing supplies, preparing materials, providing snacks/ snack ingredients, and of course, working with the children as a teacher, or teacher’s helper. There are many other ways not listed that you can volunteer.
3) Contribute. Contribute with your prayers, your gifts, and your service.
Our weeklong Bible Verse for Rolling River Rampage is Isaiah 43:2 “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.” VBS is an invaluable opportunity to reach beyond the walls of FUMC into the heart of the community. Won’t you help us? Commit and pray for a successful year at VBS this summer.