Jean Ann Whittington and Shirley Bynum, co-chairs of the Bake Sale portion of the UMW Rummage and Bake Sale await your donations of yummy baked goods and candies. Please bring your donations to the church on Thursday morning, March 5th. Members will be there to receive your items and arrange them for the sale on Friday.
1) Bundt cakes, layer cakes, or sheet cakes – any flavor, any kind. Make them full-sized or in loaf pans or mini loaf pans… our customers enjoy the variety and choice.
2) Cookies: ANY kind… cookies are one of the best sellers!! Chocolate Chip, Raisin oatmeal, Cranberry, Peanut Butter, Snickerdoodles, Gingersnaps, Pecan tasties, and so on. If possible, they can be packaged in half dozen quanities in a ziplock baggie. Customers enjoy getting a baggie and munching as they browse the rest of the sale items. But the cookies will be accepted in a box or bag of several dozen as well. 🙂
3) Breads: Quick breads and / or yeast breads, muffins and cinnamon rolls are always good to bake. Any kind of bread seems to be a hot-ticket item early on. The yeast breads never make it past 10:00 a.m. on Friday. (So come early if you plan to purchase some.)
4) Pies: People do LOVE pecan pies but any type of pie is a good seller: cherry, blueberry, apple, etc… and don’t forget mini-pies are a good munching treat.
5) Candy and fudge: All candy… peanut patties, fudge, chocolate dipped fruit, you name it, we’ll take it!
6) The co-chairs respectfully ask that you suggest a price for your treats for sale. You are aware of the ingredients in the items and may have a better price suggestion than others might. Regardless, bring your donations to the church Thursday. The proceeds of this fund raiser go to various mission projects UMW supports locally, nationally, and globally.
–**Remember March 6 & 7 are the dates… mark your calendar NOW…
Items for the Bake / Candy Sale should be brought to the church on Thursday, March 5.
–**UMW thanks everyone who is able to donate items for the rummage sale as well as for the bake sale tables.