What familiar Christmas carol or Christmas song is this?
Example: Exuberation to this orb answer: “Joy to the World.”
Can you name these Christmas carols or songs?
1. Sir Lancelot with laryngitis
2. Far back in a hay bin
3. The lad is a diminutive percussionist.
4. Boulder of the tinkling metal spheres
5. Vehicular homicide was committed on Dad’s mom by a precipitous darling
6. We are Kong, Lear, and Nat Cole
7. Cup-shaped instruments fashioned of a whitish metallic element
8. Oh small Israel urban center
9. Parent was observed osculating a red-coated unshaven teamster
10. May the Deity bestow an absence of fatigue to mild male humans
This Play On Words activity is familiar to most students today; but those attending Sunday’s Advent Family night found having a partner or two a great help. Try to figure them out for yourself, and then keep scrolling beyond the pictures for the answers to the word puzzles above.
This was only one of the fun activities everyone participated in …
Everyone was asked to trace both hands onto a piece of green construction paper, follow directions regarding what to write on each hand, cut them out and behold… a beautiful Christmas tree was constructed in the fellowship hall… Look for it next week.
Naturally, if you are at FUMC, there is food to share – Sunday night held wonderful snacks.. healthy veggies and dips, crackers and cream cheese appetizers , cheese, ham, turkey and more, and desserts… pudding on the ritz, pumpkin pie, blueberry pie, pecan pie, … and more. Wish you had been there too!!
But the best part for many was the singing of Christmas carols and Christmas songs. Song books were distributed and favorites were called out and everyone lifted their voices and sang .. loudly!! Most of the song book was sung with some sound effects of “thump, thump, thump” heard (and felt) as several pounded the floor… and keys jingled and jangled during that favorite “Jingle Bells.” Below are several photos of the sing-a-long.
A wonderful time was had by all. Pastor Karen closed with prayer … reminding everyone to keep Jesus at the forefront of all our Christmas preparations as we look forward to celebrating His birth.
ANSWERS TO PLAY ON WORDS PUZZLES ABOVE:
1. Silent Night
2. Away in a Manager
3. Little Drummer Boy
4. Jingle Bell Rock
5. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
6. We Three Kings
7. Silver Bells
8. Oh Little Town of Bethlehem
9. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
10. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen